How to choose rubber antioxidant
2018-08-18 From: Tangyin Changhai Industry And Trade Co.,LtdBrowsing times:68
As each antioxidant has its limitations and the aging of rubber products in practical use is the result of many factors, the following points should be noted in the selection of antioxidants:
(1) due to the different characteristics of each antioxidant, the aging properties of different rubber formulations are different. Therefore, the most effective antioxidant for an oak may be ineffective or even harmful to another rubber. Therefore, the selection of antioxidants must be based on the aging properties of various rubber, anti-aging requirements and the characteristics of various antioxidants overall consideration, reasonable choice.
(2) When one antioxidant is difficult to meet the requirements, two or more antioxidants should be used together to produce a coordinated effect to ensure the anti-aging effect.
(3) some antioxidants are coloring and polluting the rubber. Generally speaking, phenolic antioxidants are poorly protected, but they do not pollute or pollute little. The amine antioxidants with high protective effect will cause rubber pollution and serious discoloration. These contradictions should be considered as a whole when choosing.
(4) The dosage of antioxidant should not exceed the solubility in rubber to prevent frosting and contamination of rubber surface quality.
(5) Amine antioxidants have an adverse effect on the scorching of rubber; phenolic antioxidants can delay vulcanization and should be paid attention to when they are used.